Finding a REALTOR®
Before you choose a real estate agent, it’s important to do your homework on the real estate companies in your area.
- Search the Internet for local real estate companies.
- Review local publications for agent advertisements.
- Call each company to compare commission fees, marketing campaigns and yearly sales volume.
- Talk to your friends and neighbors. Nine times out of ten, someone you know has bought a new home and can provide a credible recommendation to point you in the right direction.
When choosing a REALTOR®, don’t be afraid to meet with many different agents. They are, after all, competing for your business. This competition is what makes the real estate industry successful. Feel free to ask them the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in this industry?
- What is your selling experience in my community?
- What professional certifications do you hold?
- What services will you provide for me as my agent?
- How will you represent me as a buyer?
- Can you provide all the information that I need about homes in the area that fit into my price range?
- What is the fee for your services?
- Can you provide all of the different scenarios with the sale of property I may purchase?
- Can you explain the paperwork that I will need to sign?
- What is my contracted timeframe for using you as my agent?
Once you have chosen a purchase agent, it’s important to establish specific goals that you would like to meet. It’s very important to communicate with your real estate agent and that your real estate agent communicates with you.
Do you need help finding a REALTOR® in the Central Pennsylvania area that will get you your dream home? Contact RSR Realtors—we are here to lead the way.